Position Details: Senior Cloud Software Engineer
|Dallas Parkway Ste., Texas
Contract 1 year – Up to 70hr c2c and their Work auth needs to be good for 1 year.
Please vet the candidates before sending profiles
- Cloud Experience
- C# or Java
- Ruby or python
SENIOR CLOUD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
ICS is hiring a Senior Cloud Software Engineer for a growing Client, working on "next gen " technology in the transportation industry.
Our Client's team is creating connected systems that both improve the automotive access experience and enable new mobility solutions and services.
We are looking for Cloud Software Engineers to help us design and prototype complex, scalable, and robust cloud services for connected vehicle systems that push forward the state of the art. The ideal candidates are enthusiastic about cloud applications and excited about working closely with others on small development teams, and energized by working on technically challenging projects that include embedded applications, cloud services, and mobile apps.
Skills/Experience You'll Need:
- 5+ years software engineering experience.
- 5+ years' experience building secure cloud services/systems.
- Experience building and deploying cloud systems with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Designing and building interfaces (APIs) and custom protocols.
- Designing and building event-driven micro service-oriented cloud architectures.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle), and NoSQL databases (e.g., Cassandra).
- Experience with document-oriented storage and caching (e.g., Redis).
- Experience with message brokers and queueing (e.g., AMQP, MQTT).
- Understanding of network protocols (e.g., TCP, HTTP).
Skills/Experience that are preferred:
- Passion for technology and problem solving.
- Strong commitment to quality, attention to detail, and user experience.
- Strong ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to develop drawings and documentation to communicate complex problems and solutions to both engineers and non-engineers.
- Desire to learn constantly and dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies.
- Ability to develop a variety of applications, from low-fidelity proof-of-concepts to production-intent solutions.
- Experience with IoT solutions preferred.
- Experience applying cybersecurity principles and protocols to build end-to-end secure systems.
- Experience using Containers and orchestration frameworks (e.g., Docker Swarm, Kubernetes).
- Experience with Unix-like operating systems.
- Experience developing new products and technology with an agile team.
- Experience building real-time interactive integrated systems.
- Experience in all phases of software development (feasibility, design, implementation, integration, test, and support), preferably experience with complex systems that include multiple domains.
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines (systems, embedded, cloud web, mobile, testing).
- Experience with Git.