Duration: 12 Months
Client: State of North Carolina
Interview Mode: Webcam Interview only
Local candidates only
********LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY ********
The North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts seeks qualified Senior Software Tester to support its mission to protect and preserve the rights and liberties of all the people by providing a fair, independent, and accessible forum for the just, timely, and economical resolution of their legal affairs.
The NCAOC has signed a contract with a vendor to provide an integrated case/financial management system to replace multiple legacy applications. Each Senior Software Tester position is responsible for testing vendor base solution for the implementation effort. S/he is responsible for testing within assigned areas of responsibility (e.g. data migration, training planning and execution, business process reviews, etc.).
The Senior Software Tester position is responsible for working all phases in software development life cycle with experience in different methodologies (i.e. agile, iterative, waterfall, etc.) with emphasis on agile. This position will have the responsibilities for the analysis, verification, and validation of products or services meeting the specified requirements for large vendor solution systems. Other responsibilities are understanding business workflow, configuration, monitoring and evaluating testing results against predetermined objectives, and applying recommended actions for improvements, creating test data, test estimates, performance testing, coordinating, and conducting readiness meetings. The person in this position will work closely with project manager, business analysts and developers. The individual must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and have the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form, work with minimal assistance, and the ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship within and outside the Quality Control and Testing teams.
Primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Understand the technical details of the project/application/system.
• Prepare and execute SQL commands to manage and verify data
• Develop, publish, and execute test cases and test scripts for complex, distributed applications throughout the project life cycle
• Create, manage, and maintain efficiencies in the automated script execution and script development using Selenium web driver in addition to keeping abreast of automation best practices.
• Create, execute, and automate SOAP UI scripts for Web Services testing.
• Develop test plans and user acceptance tests; and develop test data as needed.
• Execute sanity, smoke, functional, security, regression, stress/performance, and load testing based on projects, applications, and services.
• Participate in production implementation verification.
This position reports to the PMO and QA Administrator. Staff work hours are typically 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.