The State of Iowa is searching for a talented, senior-level Tableau Developer to act as an analytic consultant to develop, enhance, and implement data visualizations including but not limited to dashboards, reports, and other Microsoft visualizations using the SharePoint platform. This position supports the Iowa Department of Public Health, joining a team of three. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience administering data warehouse and business intelligence (BI) solutions. This individual must be Extremely proficient in writing T-SQL queries and SSIS; Comfortable with SQL Management Studio; Proficient with Tableau and Tableau Server including Dashboard Creation; Experience writing custom MDX
• Assist the Lead DBA with maintaining the integrity of databases and servers and evaluate operational problems and implement solutions.
• Works across the Department with all levels of program personnel, business analysts, and project managers to understand users' needs and monitor user access and security.
• Partners with business units and technical teams to deliver high-quality business intelligence (BI) solutions using current Microsoft BI technologies.
• Leads the design and development of business intelligence (BI) solutions
• Will utilize the SharePoint platform, including Performance Point, PowerPivot, PowerView, and Reporting Services.
• Participates in the procurement process for technical solutions, including evaluating business needs, understands functional and technical requirements, participates in preparing and evaluating vendor proposals, and makes recommendations to meet the department's long-term objectives.
• Oversee third party technical resources, provide an architectural review, evaluate compliance with standards, and ensure delivery quality.
• Guides less senior staff and vendors on solutions to complicated technical problems.
• Investigates recurring and related system failures/inefficiencies by reviewing system logs, system dumps, and other information from clients and technical personnel.