Position Details: Sr. Java Developer
Sr. Java Developer
Location & Duration:
Des Moines, IA. 12 Months
Interviews: Telephonic and In Person.
- Looking for Java candidates with 5 - 8 years of experience working as an application developer with java technologies.
- Expectation is that candidate will be able to work within an agile methodology on a self-managed team.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work with a team are required. Advanced planning/organizational, problem-solving, analytical, time management, and decision-making skills required.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Work will include connecting new or existing applications with supporting services and some user interface development.
- May be required to provide on-call support during hours.
- Basic knowledge of insurance and financial services products preferred.
- Strong skills in the following: - Spring MVC - REST API's - JMS pub/sub - Unit testing - Gherkin a plus - Ability to solve difficult problems using Java.
- Must be able to demonstrate how these skills were applied with previous assignments.
- For positions with Client, you will be required to comply with a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
- Creating Java applications that mesh with our architectural guidelines and best practices. Work in a collaborative agile team environment.
- Building out and enhancing fairly new web services to integrate with new purchased vendor platform
- Integrating with existing systems and processes across the enterprise.
- Working within an AGILE scrum team and program. Providing Java application expertise and representation to management, vendors and internal business partners.
- Desire to be creative while understand the high level architectural runway to build the best platform that will be maintainable and supportable for many years to come.
- This opening is for 4 Java seats, looking for candidates that have excellent experience in SOAP and REST web services, will be tweaking new web services.
- -This project will be completing new builds and modernization in the annuities area.
- -Looking for a strong background in Spring Boot as a lot of the new applications within this area use Spring Boot.
- -Will be working with vendor products they are integrating with, building out a band new platform.
- This is a complete new build out using new products.
- This position is more modern than they've seen in the past. -Agile experience.
- -More of a heads down development role, no design or build work.
- -Needing candidates that are "good at cranking out code".
- -Spring, GIT, Maven, automation background with selenium or cucumber preferred.
- -Won't be completing cloud work.
- -Main interactions will be with 3 different scrum teams.