Position Details: Software QA Tester (ICT-15126)
At iCore Technologies, we believe that our people are
the strength of our company. You will work with some of the best people you
have known. You will be a part of an organization dedicated “Accelerating
Performance” for our clients and advancing your career. We continually look for individuals
that are committed to their company, their clients and the customers they serve.
We are seeking a Software QA Tester to support our iCore Technologies customer. The selected candidate will have experience applying industry standard
SQA processes within an Agile project environment. An exceptional candidate will have experience with TDD and the ability to work with SMEs, developers and customers to create outcome based applcations from validated requirements. Regular duties will include the creation
and execution of detailed test plans and test cases; logging defects against enterprise, web-based applications and guiding regression testing as required. This
position requires analytical, problem solving, excellent communication
skills, attention to detail, and the ability to extensively document
test procedures, expected results, and defects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills and Knowledge:
- Create detailed test cases that clearly describe:
- Pre/post conditions, test executions steps, and expected results
- Execute test cases to assess technical and functional quality of builds, releases, and fixes
- Request, document, setup and manage test data in a test environment
- Perform functional (black box and white box), system and regression testing
- Write SQL queries when needed to analyze data in relational databases
- Log and track defects, issues and enhancements to resolution using defect tracking tools
- Create regular project QA status reports.
- Communicate all risks and issues to the Lead QA Engineer in a timely manner.
- Assist in root cause analysis and defect trends to enhance quality improvement
- Work cooperatively in a team setting; take direction; seek out information and build productive working
- Apply industry best practices and techniques to every day duties.
- Take responsibility for continuous improvement of
their own skills
- Over 7 years of documented technical SQA experience
- Over 5 years of test/debug .NET/Windows and Web-based applications
- Over 5 years experience with automation
- Over 3 years experience with relational DBs and reading/writing SQL queries
- Over 3 years experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Over 3 years experience with development languages e.g.: C# or Java
- Experience in MS Windows XP, 7 & 8
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills
- Able to work effectively in team efforts
- Prefer ISTQB or QAI training and certifications
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or acceptable equivalent
- Experience using and applying the folllowing:
- Domain Testing, Risk based Testing, Exploratory testing
- Experience in a traditional "Waterfall" SDLC methodology